What is mineral beneficiation?
Mineral beneficiation is a process by which valuable constituents of an ore are concentrated by means of a physical separation process. As one of the initial steps of extractive metallurgy, the main purpose is to prepare the ore prior to downstream purification processes. The most common mineral beneficiation processes include: sample preparation, comminution, size classification, and concentration.
Mineral beneficiation at Sepro Labs
Sepro Labs has the vast knowledge and extensive experience required to conduct mineral beneficiation testing. Our laboratory facility includes a wide range of equipment necessary to research, develop and test various beneficiation methods with capabilities including:
- Sample Preparation – drying, dewatering, and mixing of samples
- Comminution – rock size reduction by crushing and grinding
- Size Classification – screening, de-sliming, cycloning
- Gravity Concentration – separation exploiting the differences in specific gravity of minerals via the use of centrifugal concentrators, shaking tables, and spirals
- Froth Flotation – bulk flotation, differential flotation, etc.
- Magnetic separation
- Optical Sorting – using advanced optical sorting technology
- Dense media separation – bench-scale heavy liquid testing and pilot testing available
- Hydrometallurgy – column leaching, bottle roll testing, electrowinning, ion exchange, and more
- Scrubber testing – pilot plant tests of scrubbers used to deagglomerate clays and other materials
Benefits of mineral beneficiation testing
Junior mining companies looking for cost-effective mineral testing services need accurate results to make informed decisions. Mineral beneficiation plays a significant role in the following lab services:
- Scoping studies – a quick and cost-effective method for determining the general amenability of various mineral processing options. This helps give junior mining companies an idea about the economic potential of a project.
- Flowsheet development and operation – need to know the optimal process for recovering a target mineral? Flowsheet development and operation can help piece together the ideal mineral recovery circuit for a cost-effective and efficient operation.
- NI 43-101 compliant studies – we’ll work with you to ensure you meet the highest standards of professional practice for your PEA, pre-feasibility or bankable feasibility study. Mineral testing for NI 43-101 includes flowsheet confirmation, variability testing, locked cycle, and pilot testing.
Contact Sepro Labs to learn more about mineral beneficiationLooking to see how mineral beneficiation can help your current or future project? Want to reduce costs while increasing your mineral recovery rates? Contact the experts at Sepro Labs for more information about how we can help test your ore.